Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture
The Emerson works tirelessly to make arts and culture accessible to everyone. At its core, the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture is an educational institution, expanding the community's exposure, understanding, and engagement in the arts.
Educational components are incorporated into every event and exhibit at the Emerson. Through abstract thinking and visual interpretation, we believe that arts and culture allow us to improve ourselves and our surroundings. The more art we see, the more we see in the world around us. The Emerson is proud to keep art education at the forefront, and we hope that your experience with us is enlightening, enriching, and empowering.
Stay current on all our events and exhibitions through this website, our social media, and our mailing list. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to sharing arts, culture, and community with you!
Find Us Online
The Emerson's mission is to build community by promoting art and culture, set in a historic building.
The goal of the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture is to be a primary resource for the arts, arts education, and cultural activities in southwest Montana by:
- Stimulating and celebrating the arts in all its forms.
- Fostering lifelong appreciation and understanding of arts and culture.
- Cultivating community and economic development among creative enterprises, businesses, and civic organizations.
TO ACHIEVE THIS, THE EMERSON
- Engages the public via regionally and nationally recognized programming.
- Promotes arts education by scheduling classes year-round and through outreach to public schools and the community.
- Honors the history of Bozeman through effective stewardship of the historic facility.
- Offers the community a variety of spaces for studios, meetings, performances, receptions, classes, and other activities.
- Leads southwest Montana in public art with city-wide initiatives that ensure a positive and lasting impact.
- Collaborates with Emerson tenants and other arts, cultural, and civic organizations to stimulate the local economy and promote Bozeman's reputation as a regional destination.
THE EMERSON VALUES
- Nurturing art appreciation, expression, and participation of all ages, identities, and backgrounds.
- Artistic and cultural vitality as the heartbeat of community.
- Excellence and professionalism in all exhibitions, educational endeavors, and public engagements.