ART EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
The role of Emerson Art Education Instructors is to provide quality art instruction using up to date methods and techniques in correlation with the Emerson’s mission to provide culturally diverse programs to both children and adults in our community.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works to enhance the value of the Emerson to our community through contemporary art educational offerings.
- Serves as the face of the organization while interacting with both children and adults in a positive manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity, safety and cleanliness of the classroom and studio spaces.
- Utilizes volunteer staff in an appropriate and efficient fashion.
- Maintains an open line of communication with Education Curator regarding supply needs, student behavior, classroom cleanliness/ maintenance and staff relations.
- Be familiar with the potentially hazardous materials and equipment you may use in the classroom and instruct students on use of said materials and equipment in the most safe and successful way possible.
Please pay close attention to the application instructions to ensure all components are completed.
1. Submit the following materials:
- Letter of application addressing how applicants’ skills match the position description. Please refer to the Key Responsibilities outlined above to craft your letter.
- Sample of your designed curriculums.
- Three professional references – including contact information and working relationship with applicant.
To Calli Nissen, Education Curator (education@theEmerson.org). Only complete digitally submitted applications will be considered.
2. Complete this online questionnaire.
Applicant deadline is October 31st by 5:00pm. This position will remain open until filled.