The Office Manager advances the mission of the Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture, Inc. (“Emerson”) by completing general office duties, file management, thoughtful visitor/vendor relations, and assisting the Executive Director with office organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meets weekly with Executive Director to review upcoming appointments and responsibilities
- Assists the Executive Director with office administrative tasks (filing, correspondence, meeting
- Produces the Emerson’s monthly newsletter; write content, coordinate with team for content, plan tenant
spotlight section – publish via Constant Contact
- Prepares professional correspondences letters, documents, and presentations for the Executive Director
- Assists with Board Meeting preparation
- Responsible for updating Board Books
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Updates website information (public space and Emerson events, contact information, tenant directories, class schedules, exhibit information, etc.)
- Maintains Emerson Member and Donor information in Donor Perfect
- Maintains mailing lists
- Assists with Emerson education class registration
- Gallery back-up (open/close and monitor the gallery in the Curator’s absence)
- Responsible for volunteer applications, timesheets, background checks, and data management
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events and community service, work study, volunteer schedules
- Recruit, train, supervise, and retain volunteers who will work Front of House for Emerson public space
events as well as Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture events
Please submit resume, letter of application addressing how applicants’ skills match the position description and three professional references – including contact information and working relationship with applicant to Susan Denson-Guy, Executive Director (email@example.com).
Applicant reviews begin November 1, 2019. This position will remain open until filled.
Download Position Description