Inside the Emerson
With 727 seats, the historic Crawford Theater is the perfect venue for concerts, large meetings, theater productions, slide shows, film screenings, and much more. While renovated for modern theatrical and film productions including Dolby surround technology, the theater retains its early 20th-century splendor: a balcony that seats 248 patrons; ornamental cinnamon red and white trim that frames the stage; and the grand, leaded house lights with antique white glass, all add a charming ambiance to the venue.
To ensure a seamless production, additional amenities and assistance are available for extra fees, such as adjoining rooms including a greenroom, bathroom, and storage; an experienced audio and light technician.
To schedule a tour, email our Director of Operations or call (406) 587-9797.
- 481 Main Floor
- 246 Balcony
- 727 Total
Rental Rates & Fees
(All rates subject to change)
- Concert - $1,500.00 + $1.00/ticket sold
- Dance/Theater - $700.00
- Film - $500.00 + $1.00/ticket sold
- Lecture - $320.00
- Rehearsal - $275.00
- Concert - $880.00 + $1.00/ticket sold may apply
- Dance/Theater - $600.00
- Film - $375.00 + $1.00/ticket sold may apply
- Lecture - $220.00
- Rehearsal - $210.00
To receive a non-profit rate, the non-profit must furnish a copy of the organization's 501(c)3 letter. Failure to furnish the 501(c)3 letter will result in being charged the General rate for the event. The non-profit must recognize the Emerson as a sponsor in their marketing materials. The Emerson may request proof of this acknowledgment.
A $85.00 cleaning fee will be added to the rental cost.
- Absolutely no alcohol served to those under the age of 21.
- Absolutely NO outside alcohol is allowed in the Emerson common and public spaces.
- Beer/Wine service by the Emerson is available for limited events.
- When selling General Admission tickets, "Balcony Tickets" and "Main Floor Tickets" must be designated.
- Attendees must wear wristbands denoting "Balcony" and "Main Floor" seating.
- Please note, General Admission attendees are not mandated to remain in their seats. However, during Seated Shows, attendees must remain at their ticketed/purchased seats.
- Rocky Mountain Security guards are required for specific events.
- Check with the Emerson regarding security requirements for your event.
- Please note, Rocky Mountain Security requires 72-hour notice before any event.
- Please contact Rocky Mountain Security for current rates.
The Emerson is an entirely smoke-free campus, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, tobacco carrying products, e-cigarettes, hookahs, bongs, etc.
Smoking is prohibited throughout the entire Emerson property, including ALL interior (hallways, stairways, lobbies, tenant studios, public rental spaces, galleries, restrooms, etc.) and ALL exterior spaces (lawn, parking lot, sidewalks, foyers, front steps, exterior landings, entrance ways, etc.)
Firearms are not permitted on the Emerson premises.
REFUND: A 75% deposit is required at the time the contract is signed. The deposit will be refunded if the event is canceled ten working days prior to the event.
- The Emerson will retain a $100.00 administration fee for all canceled contracts.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the cancellation is made less than ten working days before the event.
Contact Director of Operations by email or call (406) 587-9797, ext. 101 for booking availability.