The Jewel Box Gallery is a wonderful opportunity for selected artists to spend one month in the Emerson’s Galleria Hall. This opportunity places you in the midst of this vibrant retail portion of the Emerson. Individual artists of all medias and experience levels are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in showing and selling your work in this short-term Gallery space, see below for details and to apply!
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
- 2D and 3D artists of all medias.
- Please submit 5-10 digital images of current work in JPEG or TIFF format with at least 300 dpi.
- Include an artist statement/ biography as well as a letter of intent for how you plan to use the space.
- Artists who already occupy studio space within the Emerson are not eligible.
- Select artists must be open during Art Walks – second Friday of the month, May–September and December.
- Groups are welcome to apply; however single artists will be given priority.
- The entire space must be fully repaired and returned to its original state by the final day of rental.
RATES & INFORMATION:
- The Jewel Box Gallery may be used as a studio and/ or exhibition space however, due to lack of running water, ventilation, and high voltage studio artists requiring minimal facilities are necessary.
- Rental Rates – 1 month = $125 + $125 refundable deposit.
- Applications accepted on a continuous basis – No application fee.
- Applications are reviewed by the Emerson’s Building Committee.
- Images of work submitted by accepted artists will be retained by the Emerson and used for promotional purposes.
- Payment and deposit are due 30 days prior to the lease period.
- Move in date is the first business day of each month.
- Move out date is 5pm on the last day of each month.
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the Jewel Box Gallery.
- The Emerson’s decision is final.
- Artists not accepted may re-apply 1 year after application date.
- Selected artists may re-apply 1 year after exiting the Jewel Box Gallery.
Please submit all requested materials to Renee Stephens, Director of Operations, 111 S Grand Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715. Please call 406-587-9797 x 101 or email renee@theEmerson.org with questions.