SUMMER ART CAMP OPENINGS
The Emerson is looking for high school-aged students who would like to build their leadership skills by assisting our lead teachers during Summer Art Camps!
- Encourage children’s comprehension of multiple art mediums
- Engage with children during breaks & lunch
- Assist with project prep & clean up
- Aid children and instructors in following
- COVID 19 safety protocols
- Have fun and be a positive role model
- Experience working with children-preferred
- Attentive & responsible
- High level of communication
- Respectful and courteous towards teachers, students, and parents
- Extremely reliable
- Observe Emerson health safety protocols
- Attend training session in May.
- Monday – Friday|8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Camps run June 14 – August 20, ten weeks total. (Apply for 4 or more weeks)
- Gain a working knowledge of elementary art instruction and leadership skills
- Great resume builder
- Support the Emerson and become involved in our community
- Weekly stipend of $150
Deadline for Applications: Monday, March 22, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled after school starting March 29.
For questions and to submit the following application, please email email@example.com.
LEAD ART EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
The Emerson is a hub of arts and culture in the Bozeman community. Located one block south of Main St. in a historic school house, the Emerson offers quality art education programming to all ages, year-round.
We are currently looking for full time art instructors to teach our Summer Camps for kids ages 5 – 13. Our summer camps run ten continuous weeks starting June 14 – August 20.
Teachers with experience in a variety of sculptural medias are encouraged to apply. The right candidate will be able to create diverse, age-appropriate, art education curriculum that complements our weekly themes.
Wage $15 – $20/ hour DOE.
- Degree in Art Education, Studio Arts, Design or equivalent teaching experience.
- Schedule: FULL TIME: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with a 30 minute lunch break, June 14 – August 20. Camps are in session 9am – 4pm each day.
- Ability to create dynamic art education curriculums for youth of all ages.
- Competence instructing on relevant artistic processes, while managing up to 11 children at once, in a safe and controlled atmosphere.
- Able to manage a team of high school interns who serve as summer camp support staff.
- Timeliness, passion, and patience are a must.
- Must be able to start the week of June 14 with additional training days in March/ April.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a sample of one of your designed curriculums via email to education@theEmerson.org.
Only complete emailed applications will be accepted.
This position will remain open until filled.
Application review will begin on March 22, 2021.