The Theater Manager “Manager” advances the mission of The Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture (Emerson) with our community through various means, but primarily through the management of the Emerson Crawford Theater. Additionally, the Theater Manager oversees the technical services as required throughout the building.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position works to protect and enhance the value of the Emerson’s facility to the community, the public space users, and other staff.
- Manages Emerson Theater usage. In conjunction, this position works as needed with the Director of Operations regarding theater related issues. The Manager must demonstrate a positive, professional and user-oriented attitude about the Emerson and its policies.
- Provides technical support for Emerson community events, e.g. Lunch on The Lawn (LOTL), Christmas Stroll,
Celebration of the Arts, etc.
- Responsible for overall theater management; including theater care and maintenance, enforcing the rules and
regulations outlined in the Theater Handbook, invoicing clients for theater staff and all theater equipment.
- Provide high quality customer service to Emerson clients, vendors, and tenants.
- Ensures public safety by overseeing space set up (i.e. maintaining fire exits during events in the theater, lobby and ballroom), spreading ice melt, snow removal, and removing garbage when necessary etc.
- Effectively manages work schedule.
- Coordinates with the Director of Operations regarding technical and equipment needs in public spaces
- Facilitates theater event management – For example: ensures that all vendors are using the Emerson public spaces appropriately and safely.
- Maintains the Theater Handbook.
- Responsible for the enforcement of the Theater Handbook and public space policies.
- Manages technical equipment needs for events as required by individual contracts and for some Emerson events.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of theater and equipment.
- Responsible of overseeing and ensuring the maintenance, care and cleanliness of the Theater, Backstage,
Crossover and Green Room.
- Emerson Theater Equipment – The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to use the following:
- DMX Lighting
- Barco D-Cinema Projector with integrated IMB & Server
- Video and movie formats including DCP, HDMI, & Blu-ray
- Fly systems and rigging
- Genie R 35 Lift
- CM Chain Motors and control systems
- ETC Express 48/96 Light board
- Berenger X32 Digital Sound Board (or similar) sound systems
- Macintosh and Windows 10 computer systems
- Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Network Systems)
Please submit resume, letter of application addressing how applicants’ skills match the position description, including your experience with each of the listed theater equipment items, and three professional references – including contact information and working relationship with applicant to Susan Denson-Guy, Executive Director (email@example.com).
Applicant reviews begin January 3, 2020. This position will remain open until filled.
Download Position Description