SUMMER CAMP ART EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR – FULL TIME
The Emerson is a hub of arts and culture in the Bozeman community. Located one block south of Main St. in a historic schoolhouse, the Emerson offers quality art education programming to all ages, year-round.
We are currently looking to full time art instructors to teach our Summer Camps for kids ages 5–13. Our summer camps run ten continuous weeks starting June 15–August 21. We are looking for lead teachers with experience in a variety of sculptural medias and/ or ceramics to teach this summer. The right candidate will be able to create diverse, age-appropriate art education curriculum that complements our weekly themes. Wage $13-$19/hour DOE.
- Degree in Art Education, Studio Arts, Design or equivalent teaching experience.
- Schedule, FULL TIME: Monday – Friday, 9AM–4PM, June 15–August 21 with additional time allotted for prep and clean up each week.
- Ability to create dynamic art education curriculums for youth of all ages.
- Competence instructing on relevant artistic processes, while managing up to 11 children at once, in a safe and controlled atmosphere.
- Able to manage a team of high school interns who serve as summer camp support staff.
- Timeliness, passion, and patience are a must.
- Must be able to start the week of June 15 with additional training days in March/April.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a sample of one of your designed curriculums via email to Alissa Kost, Education Curator (education@theEmerson.org).
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2020. This position will remain open until filled. This position is seasonal with potential to stay on part-time into fall 2020.
Download Position Description
The Theater Manager “Manager” advances the mission of The Emerson Center for the Arts and Culture (Emerson) with our community through various means, but primarily through the management of the Emerson Crawford Theater. Additionally, the Theater Manager oversees the technical services as required throughout the building.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with the Director of Operations regarding technical and equipment needs in public spaces
- Facilitates theater event management – For example: ensures that all vendors are using the Emerson public spaces appropriately and safely.
- Maintains the Theater Handbook.
- Responsible for the enforcement of the Theater Handbook and public space policies.
- Manages technical equipment needs for events as required by individual contracts and for some Emerson events.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of theater and equipment.
- Responsible of overseeing and ensuring the maintenance, care and cleanliness of the Theater, Backstage,
Crossover and Green Room.
- Emerson Theater Equipment – The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to use the following:
- DMX Lighting
- Barco D-Cinema Projector with integrated IMB & Server
- Video and movie formats including DCP, HDMI, & Blu-ray
- Fly systems and rigging
- Genie R 35 Lift
- CM Chain Motors and control systems
- ETC Express 48/96 Light board
- Berenger X32 Digital Sound Board (or similar) sound systems
- Macintosh and Windows 10 computer systems
- Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Network Systems)
Please submit resume, letter of application addressing how applicants’ skills match the position description, including your experience with each of the listed theater equipment items, and three professional references – including contact information and working relationship with applicant to Susan Denson-Guy, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicant reviews begin January 3, 2020. This position will remain open until filled.
Download Position Description