CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
SUMMER CAMP ART EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR – Full & Part-time
The Emerson is a hub of arts and culture in the Bozeman community. Located one block south of Main St. in a historic schoolhouse, the Emerson offers quality art education programming to all ages, year round.
We are currently looking to hire one full time and one part-time art instructor to teach our Summer Camps for kids ages 4–12. Our summer camps run ten continuous weeks starting June 10–August 16. We are looking for two lead teachers with experience in a variety of medias to teach this summer. The right candidate will be able to create diverse, age-appropriate art education curriculum that complements our weekly themes. Wage $13-$19/ hour DOE.
- Degree in Art Education, Studio Arts, Design or equivalent teaching experience.
- FULL TIME: Monday-Friday, 9:00am–3:00pm, June 10–August 16 with additional time allotted for prep and clean up each week.
- PART TIME: Monday–Friday, 9:00am–Noon, June 10–August 16 with additional time allotted for prep and clean up each week.
- Ability to create dynamic art education curriculums for youth of all ages.
- Competence instructing on relevant artistic processes, while managing up to 11 children at once, in a safe and controlled atmosphere.
- Able to manage a team of high school interns who serve as summer camp support staff.
- Timeliness, passion, and patience are a must.
- Must be able to start the week of June 10 with additional training days starting the end of May.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a sample of one of your designed curriculums to Alissa Popken, Education Curator (education@theEmerson.org).
Applicant reviews begin April 15, 2019. This position will remain open until filled.
Download Position Description