KIDS ART EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
The Emerson Center is a hub for arts and culture in the Bozeman Community. Located one block south of Main St. in a historic schoolhouse, the Emerson offers quality art education programming to all ages, year round.
We are currently looking to hire part-time art instructors to teach a variety of artistic medias. This fall, the newly appointed instructors will teach Studio Kids, Little HeARTs, and PIR Day Camps to kids ages 2-13. The right candidate will have previous experience teaching a variety of mediums to a diverse range of youth. The applicant should also be willing to work with the Education Curator to implement other unique educational offerings in the future.
- Degree in Art Education, Studio Arts, Design or equivalent teaching experience.
- Schedule flexibility: Available for various time frames. (I.E. Wednesday, 10:00–11:00 AM, Tuesday and Thursday 4:00–5:30 PM, occasional weekdays 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM with additional time allotted for prep)
- Ability to create and instruct others on relevant and dynamic art education curriculums.
- Committed to excellence and professionalism while working with a variety of ages and ability levels.
- Timeliness, passion and patience are a must.
- Must be able to start the week of September 17, 2019.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a sample of one of your designed curriculums to Alissa Popken, Education Curator (education@theEmerson.org) no later than September 3, 2019.
This position will remain open until filled.
Download Position Description