- Event Time 10:00 am
- Event Start Date 04/15/2020
Little HeARTS – ONLINE!
Welcome to Little HeARTs Online! We cannot gather in the Emerson ballroom right now, so we are sharing projects for Little HeARTs and their big helpers to do at home Wednesdays in April.
Wednesdays | 10am
Cost: Little HeARTs under normal circumstances is free for Emerson Members and $5 for non-members. We are delighted for the opportunity to bring art exploration into your households and support our community during this challenging time. We are also grateful for and donations that would help the Emerson continue doing so.
Book: “RED Is Best” by Kathy Stinson
Lesson Objectives: Colors, Individuality
Project supplies needed:
- Any paint in your child’s favorite color
- paper towels
- Watch “RED is Best” through the video link below.
- Ask your child what their favorite color is and why.
- Do they have a piece of clothing in that color?
- Ask them to find it and put it on.
- Spend a couple minutes dancing to their favorite song wearing their favorite color.
- Tell your child what your favorite color is.
- Discuss why it may be different than theirs. ‘Our favorite things are a unique part of who we are. We are all individuals!’
- Have your child do a painting using only their favorite color.
- They may use the clothing item they picked out to wear as the subject matter.