- Event Time 6:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Event Start Date 03/02/2018
- Event Location 111 S. Grand Ave
TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR BEGINNING AT 6PM UNTIL SOLD OUT.
Public lands will take center stage through the stories of hunters and anglers at the 3rd Annual Tales from the Backcountry on Friday, March 2nd, 2018 in Bozeman, Montana. A benefit event for the Montana Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, this unique live storytelling festival brings together sportsmen and women from across Montana and abroad to hear tales of public lands hunting and fishing adventures.
The 2018 Tales from the Backcountry “Our Stories, Our Public Lands” theme will incorporate stories that embody each hunter and angler’s unique relationship with public lands and waters. Among the speakers to grace the stage, will be the following:
- Hank Shaw, award-winning author of Hunt, Gather, Cook, Buck, Buck, Moose and newly-released Pheasant, Quail, Cottontail
- Randy Newberg, host of Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg and HuntTalk Radio
- Hank Patterson, self-proclaimed world renowned fly fishing expert and guide
- Alexis Bonogofsky, founding member of Artemis Sportswomen
- Brian Barney, adventure bowhunter and host of the Eastman’s Elevated podcast
- Nicole Qualtieri, public lands advocate & staffer at Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
For the second consecutive year, the event will be held at the Emerson Center for Arts and Culture with live storytelling taking place in the Crawford Theater. As in previous years, attendees will have the opportunity to win outdoors gear and prizes provided by sponsors such as Kimber Firearms, Orvis, Sitka Gear, First Lite, Simms Fishing Products, and more, as well as many local businesses. In 2018, the event has expanded to include these sponsors in an outdoors brand trade show, happening in the Emerson Ballroom before the event.
Doors open and the trade show begin at 6PM with live storytelling starting at 7PM sharp. Beer from local Montana breweries and wine will be available for purchase during the event. Find complete event details and purchase tickets at https://www.backcountryhunters.org/tales.
Questions? Contact Event Organizer, Jesse Bussard, email@example.com.
Sponsor Organization: Montana Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
Ticket Cost and Ticket Sales Location: $15 advance / $18 door, online