As a community arts hub, the Emerson relies on the time, energy and enthusiasm donated by community volunteers and interns. You can get involved by becoming a docent, helping with events, monitoring art education classes or in our office.
Simply fill out a volunteer application, send it to the Emerson and a volunteer coordinator will contact you.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture and you have additional questions, please call 406.587.9797 ext. 105 or email office@theEmerson.org.
Thanks for your support!
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
The Emerson is looking for high school-aged students who would like to build their leadership skills by assisting our lead teachers during Summer Art Camps!
- Encourage children’s comprehension of multiple art mediums
- Engage with children during breaks & lunch
- Assist with project prep & clean up
- Aid children and instructors in following
- COVID 19 safety protocols
- Have fun and be a positive role model
- Experience working with children-preferred
- Attentive & responsible
- High level of communication
- Respectful and courteous towards teachers, students, and parents
- Extremely reliable
- Observe Emerson health safety protocols
- Attend training session in May.
- Monday – Friday|8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Camps run June 14 – August 20, ten weeks total. (Apply for 4 or more weeks)
- Gain a working knowledge of elementary art instruction and leadership skills
- Great resume builder
- Support the Emerson and become involved in our community
- Weekly stipend of $150
Deadline for Applications: Applications are currently under review and will be accepted util all positions are filled.
Interviews will be scheduled after school starting March 29.
For questions and to submit the following application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every spring and fall the Emerson creates a team of volunteer docents to lead our Schools in the Gallery education outreach program. This program serves school aged children, primarily grades K–8, by offering professional gallery tours and optional hands-on art enrichment activities.
Docents get the opportunity to learn directly from artists about their techniques and processes used while creating the exhibited body of work and also get a valuable hands-on experience teaching youth in our community about contemporary art.
ART EDUCATION MONITOR
- Monitor open art classes. Check in participants and collect money. Clean and organize studio spaces. Maintain studio rules and use of equipment.
- Volunteers can assist with setup, greeting, managing activities, event takedown, and more.
- Emerson special events include Celebration of the Arts, Christmas Stroll, Lunch on the Lawn, and Garden & Home Tour.
- Open and secure Jessie Wilber Gallery. Answer questions, tally, and direct visitors.
- Volunteer must be available on select Saturdays, mid-morning through mid-afternoon.
- Organizing and filing storage documents. Maintenance of grounds such as cutting bushes, picking up debris, weeding, sweeping sidewalks, etc.