As a community arts hub, the Emerson relies on the time, energy and enthusiasm donated by community volunteers and interns. You can get involved by becoming a docent, by helping with events, children’s classes or in our office. Simply fill out a volunteer application, send it to the Emerson and a volunteer coordinator will contact you when needed. Thanks for your support!
Download Volunteer Application
- Mailings, data entry, word processing, filing, answering phones, poster hanging and photocopying.
SPECIAL EVENTS & EXHIBITS SUPPORT
- Look for volunteer opportunities for our Celebration of the Arts, Halloween Open House, Christmas Stroll and gingerbread house making, Bingo in the Ballroom, Garden & Home Tour, Lunch on the Lawn, etc.
- Assist in installing exhibits, gallery sitting, and art receptions.
EDUCATION & DOCENT PROGRAM
- Helping with children’s classes.
- Leading gallery tours for schools and community groups in our Jessie Wilber Gallery.
Every spring and fall the Emerson creates a team of volunteer docents to lead our Schools in the Gallery education outreach program. This program serves school aged children, primarily grades K – 8, by offering professional gallery tours and optional hands-on art enrichment activities.
Docents get the opportunity to learn directly from artists about their techniques and processes used while creating the exhibited body of work and also get a valuable hands-on experience teaching youth in our community about contemporary art.
If you are interested in becoming an Emerson Docent for our Schools in the Gallery Program, please contact Alissa for more information on upcoming trainings and tours; 406-587-9797 x 104, education@theEmerson.org.