As a community arts hub, the Emerson relies on the time, energy and enthusiasm donated by community volunteers and interns. You can get involved by becoming a docent, helping with events, monitoring art education classes or in our office.
Simply fill out a volunteer application, send it to the Emerson and a volunteer coordinator will contact you.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture and you have additional questions, please call 406.587.9797 ext. 105 or email office@theEmerson.org.
Thanks for your support!
Every spring and fall the Emerson creates a team of volunteer docents to lead our Schools in the Gallery education outreach program. This program serves school aged children, primarily grades K–8, by offering professional gallery tours and optional hands-on art enrichment activities.
Docents get the opportunity to learn directly from artists about their techniques and processes used while creating the exhibited body of work and also get a valuable hands-on experience teaching youth in our community about contemporary art.
SPRING 2020 SCHOOLS IN THE GALLERY – DOCENTS NEEDED
The Emerson is looking to add to our team of volunteer docents to help lead our Schools in the Gallery program! This spring, the Jessie Wilber Gallery will host The Wait a full-scale installation piece by Montana artist, Gary Horinek. This exhibition will bring the outdoors in! Mr. Horinek uses native grasses, rocks, bones, and flowing water to create an immersive indoor landscape. The work explores the issues surrounding human impact on our environment over time.
SUMMER TEEN INTERNSHIP
- Internships are available for high school aged students who would like to enhance their leadership skills by assisting our lead teachers during Summer Art Camps.
- Applications will be available in the Spring for the following Summer.
ART EDUCATION MONITOR
- Monitor open art classes. Check in participants and collect money. Clean and organize studio spaces. Maintain studio rules and use of equipment.
- Volunteers can assist with setup, greeting, managing activities, event takedown, and more.
- Emerson special events include Celebration of the Arts, Christmas Stroll, Lunch on the Lawn, and Garden & Home Tour.
- Open and secure Jessie Wilber Gallery. Answer questions, tally, and direct visitors.
- Volunteer must be available on select Saturdays, mid-morning through mid-afternoon.
- Organizing and filing storage documents. Maintenance of grounds such as cutting bushes, picking up debris, weeding, sweeping sidewalks, etc.