- Event Time 10:00 am
- Event Start Date 06/03/2020
Little HeARTS – ONLINE!
Wednesdays | Online
Welcome to Little HeARTs Online! We cannot gather in the Emerson ballroom right now, so we are sharing projects for Little HeARTs and their big helpers to do at home Wednesdays in April.
Little HeARTs under normal circumstances is free for Emerson Members and $5 for non-members. We are delighted for the opportunity to bring art exploration into your households and support our community in this time of social distancing.
Your donations will help the Emerson continue offering online arts programs until our normal classes can resume in our building.
Book: “For Just One Day” by Laura Leuch:
Lesson Objectives: Imagination, self-discovery, animal traits, personal traits
Project supplies needed:
- A mirror (either hand held or any with a spot to sit close to)
- dry erase markers
- washable markers or acrylic paint.
- Watch “Just For One Day” through this video link.
- Ask your child what animal they would be if they
could be any ‘For Just One Day’ and why.
- Discuss what makes that animal’s appearance
or abilities unique.
- Then discuss what makes your child’s own appearance and abilities unique.
2. Movement: Have your child move like the animal they would wish to be.
- Find a mirror accessible for your child to sit close to and draw on
- Choose dry erase (works best), washable markers or acrylic paint for your kids to
- While looking at their own reflection, have your child with or without your help,
draw on the mirrors reflection to add the animal’s traits they wished to be ‘For
Just One Day’
- Wipe clean with a rag and mirror cleaner to re-work again and again! Fun for
hours or minutes!
For Just One Day Instructional PDF
Previous Little HeARTs Projects