- Event Time 12:30 pm-4:15 pm
- Event Start Date 12/03/2016
Kick off your Christmas Stroll celebration at the Emerson! Join us for free gingerbread house making, live dance performances, and don’t miss Santa lighting up our GIANT tree outside the Emerson’s building before he leads the parade downtown.
- 12:00 – 4:00pm – Throughout the Building: Visit the studios during the stroll for fun holiday activities!
TRIPP Studios (Studio 111) will have supplies to make your own Santa Beard.
- Works in Progress (Studio 223) will be providing an opportunity to make Popsicle stick ornaments. Works in Progress will also have a Hope and the Holidays bin, as well as snacks and beverages.
- Four Winds Gallery (Studio 108) will be offering kids the opportunity to make beaded medicine bags or bracelets.
- RevivALL Clothing (Studio 219) will be having a sale-15-50% off all Overalls, bags, jumpers, dresses, and fanny packs. Perfect gifts for the Bohemian Cowgirl.
12:30 – 4:15pm – Emerson Ballroom: Build a gingerbread house! Tickets are required for this event. Tickets are only available beginning at 12:30pm on December 3rd at the Emerson’s event check in table. Parents MUST accompany and stay with their children in the Ballroom.
12:30 – 2:30pm – Dress in your best or cutest outfit and have Deb Brugman Photography (Studio 221A) snap your Christmas stroll keepsake photo for free–one image per child to be delivered digitally.
1:00 – 2:00pm – Emerson Lobby: Meet the artist Melissa Summerfield, the winner of this year’s Christmas Stroll Poster contest, and have your own poster signed by Melissa. During this hour, pop over to the Emerson Grill to decorate a holiday cookie.
2:00 – 3:00pm – Emerson Crawford Theater: ‘Tis the Season! A free, collaborative dance performance featuring excerpts of upcoming holiday performances by Bozeman’s three dance companies: The Dance Center, Bozeman Dance Academy, and the Yellowstone Ballet Company.
2:00 – 4:00pm – The Artists’ Gallery (Studio 106) will be hosting a Christmas Chain making activity for children, so be sure to stop by.
4:15pm – Emerson Lobby: SANTA ARRIVES! Upon his arrival, Santa will spread Christmas cheer (and candy!) as he makes his way through the lobby and front atrium, down the front steps, and along Grand to the outdoor Christmas tree (with over 2,000 lights!). Carolers will sing festive tunes while Santa boards his horse drawn wagon. From his wagon, Santa will lead the countdown to light the tree for all to see! Once the tree is lit, Santa will ride off to the parade.
For questions and information call the Emerson at (406) 587-9797 ex. 105 or email office@theEmerson.org.